Please select person.
The tour starts with a pick up from your hotel in Sanli Urfa and driving to Halfeti first where we will take a boat trip on the shore of Birecik Dam Lake. Most of the villages were submerged in the 1990’s under the waters behind the dam on the Euphrates at Birecik.
En route to Birecik, we will take photos of bald Ibis birds (geronticus eremita), which face the danger of extinction nowadays.
Afterwards, we will head to the Greek fortress which was one of the most significant castle towns during the middle ages, and to the Savasan village most of which was also flooted after the dam construction just like in Halfeti. The village is uninhabitated and half of the minaret of the town’s mosque above the water makes a picturesque image for visitors.
We then drive to Harran, a town in Sanli Urfa, whose name means “where the roads cross”. Harran has a 5000 year of history including the first Islamic University, the Ulu Mosque which was built in 12th century, a Caravanserai, conical Harran houses and Kale are amongst the places we will see in here.
In addition, the tomb of Harrani Hazrat who is considered as one of the spiritual values of Urfa, Halil-ul Rahman and Rizvaniye mosques, Balikli lake, Ayn-El Zeliha lake, Hazrat Mahdi (as) Abraham are amongst the places we will visit.
After our trip and the free time given at Bedesten and Customs inn, you will be dropped off at your hotel.
Blue line: Driving route
City center to Halfeti drive: Approx 120 kms / 75 miles x 2
Turquoise line: Cruising route
Visited city: Sanli Urfa, Halfeti, Euphrates, Greek fortress, Savasan village, Harran, Balikli lake, Prophets Tombs & Bedesten and Customs inn
General Information & Conditions;
* VAT is included in the rates
* Phone call needed for last minute Reservations
* We kindly request our guests to be ready 15 minutes prior to departure time. Guests need to arrive promptly at the meeting points given by Tourkeystay, or the tour will proceed without them
* 30% discount applies for children aged 2-7. Children under 2 tour free of charge
* Tours will only be refunded if cancelled more than 24 hours prior to commencement
* Effective Sales Rates of the Turkish Central Bank are valid for payments
* Tourkeystay is not responsible for any loss or theft of belongings during the tour
* Due to traffic conditions beyond our control, pickup may be delayed
* Museums entry fees, parking and road tolls
* Pick up and drop off at your accommodation
* Transportation in A/C non-smoking car or bus with Professional English speaking guide and driver and their daily expenses
* Private group tour
* Suggested optional activities
* Tips of driver and guide
* Items as alcoholic drinks, cold drinks
* Personal expenses
* Any other expenses which are not mentioned at the included section
* Pick up by 08:30, drop off by 18:00