Please select person.
This full day tour shows you the highlights of the large historical city of Konya in the south west of Turkey. Konya dates back to the time of the Hittites and is also home to much Seljuk culture and the famous whirling dervishes. The tour takes you to;
Mevlana Museum, this complex houses the properties and works of the 13th century religious leader and poet Mevlana Celaleddin Rumi. Mevlana founded the whirling dervish sect of Sufism and museum’s collection includes their musical instruments, calligraphy, fabrics, carpets and a library. It also holds the tombs of Mevlana, his wife, children and a number of notable Sufis.
Karatay Tile Museum, a beautifully restored 13th century medrese is now the tile museum. The interior of the medrese is tiled in blue and white Seljuk enamel tiles and there is also a beautiful collection of ceramics.
Ince Minare Museum, this museum houses an impressive collection of Seljuk-era wooden and stone sculptures including animal reliefs from the old walls of the city. It was built in the 13th century as a medrese and has a stunning carved portal.
Aladdin Mosque and Palace, the beautiful Alaeddin Mosque sits atop a hill in central Konya. It is another example of 13th century architecture and is notable in part for the many beautiful columns inside. At the foot of the hill is the excavation site of Alaeddin Kaykobad’s palace.
Aziziye Mosque, this is a typical mosque was originally built in the 17th century but was restored 200 years later after it was destroyed by fire. This late renovation resulted in the mosque being reconstructed in an unusual Rococo style which contrasts sharply with others you will see.
Old Bazaar, behind the Mevlana Museum is a sprawling, colourful and bustling bazaar which is just right for wandering, exploring and maybe finding a treasure to take home.
Mevlana Museum, Karatay Tile Museum, Ince Minare Museum, Aladdin Mosque and Palace, Aziziye Mosque, Old Bazaar
General Information & Conditions;
* VAT is included in the rates.
* Phone call needed for last minute reservations.
* We kindly request our guest to be ready 15 minutes prior to departure time. Guests need to arrive promptly at the meeting points given by Tourkeystay, or the tour will proceed without them.
* 30 % discount applies for children aged 2-7. Children under 2 tour free of charge.
* Tours will only be refunded if cancelled more than 14 days prior to commencement.
* Effective Sales Rates of the Turkish Central Bank are valid for payments.
* Tourkeystay is not responsible for any loss or theft of belongings during the tour.
* Due to traffic conditions beyond our control, pickup may be delayed.
* Museums entry fees, parking and road tolls
* Bus tickets from/to Konya
* Pick up and drop off at your accommodation
* Transportation in A/C non-smoking car or bus with Professional English speaking guide and driver and their daily expenses
* Small group/private tour
* Suggested optional activities
* Tips of driver and guide
* Items as alcoholic drinks, cold drinks
* Personal expenses
* Any other expenses which are not mentioned at the included section
* Pick up by 07:00, drop off by 20:00